CABC organized an interactive webinar with a focus on agriculture and agri-food trade and investment opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for Canadian businesses.
The webinar addressed the following topics:
- the changing market for food security and safety in the post-pandemic world,
- opportunities for the Canadian Agriculture sector in the Arab world,
- examples of positive experiences between Canadian and Arab businesses, and
- support for the sector through Canada’s trade and other government services.
Minister for Agriculture and Agri-Food, Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau and the UAE Minister of State for Food Security, Her Excellency Mariam bint Mohammed Saeed Hareb Almheiri highlighted sectoral opportunities and the need for international collaboration. They were joined by a panel of business leaders on how to actively engage in two-way trade and investment between Canada and the Arab world.
- Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister for Agriculture and Agri-Food
- Her Excellency Mariam bint Mohammed Saeed Hareb Almheiri, UAE Minister of State for Food Security
- Murad Al Katib, President and CEO of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc.
- Essa Al Ghurair, General Manager of Al Ghurair Resources LLC
- Nicole Rogers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Agriprocity